LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate the book! Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

+36
C.Gutierrez
jblank
KSnyder
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
T_famularo
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
bsouthern
sdouglas
asinks
cwu
ALever
k_garcia
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
asotelo
D_sanJose562
C Weaver
LMichaeloff
CChew
mschultz
wthwe
A Anderson
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
ndaugaard
Admin
40 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Rate the book! Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Rate The Five People You Meet in Heaven on a scale of 1 to 10. A '10' is the most amazing book you've ever read. Ever.

Rate this book and explain your answer.

Franzen cyclops

Admin
Admin

http://lahsthanatology.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Rate the book! Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  ndaugaard Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 am

I would rate The 5 People You Meet in Heaven a 9 at least. It was such a good book that i could not put it down. I finished reading the second day we had the book and then i read it again. haha. I would like to believe that something like this happens when you die. It would be nice to have people explain to you why things in your life happened the way they did.

ndaugaard

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty ...reply

Post  NBrooks Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:27 pm

i loved this book honestly at first...i didnt know if i wanted to read it at all but it turned out really good Arrow 10

NBrooks

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Rate the book! Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  BBiazevich3 Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:34 pm

From the very beginning, I was very interested in the book and has I kept reading it got better and became more exciting. I would rate this book a 9 and I would easily read it again.

BBiazevich3

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty rate this book!!!

Post  derekmoore12389 Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:38 am

I would rate this book at least a 8 or a 9, because it was almost impossible to place the book down due to it was so interesting that you as the reader would turn every page just to find out what happens next. This book is meant for all ages that would understand what life truly means and any and all aspects of the afterlife. Do enjoy. What a Face What a Face

derekmoore12389

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty JP aragon

Post  joeypaulina Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:11 pm

I rate the book about an 8 i thought it was good and i liked that everything and everyone all tied up. the reason why i dint think it was 10 was because i thought the beginning was a little slow. i really liked how he was able to talk to his wife and enjoy her i thought that was the cutest. i liked that i was able to visulize him in every scene, for example when he was running from the fire and he got shot in the leg i saw Very Happy it perfectly in my head. Very Happy

joeypaulina

Back to top Go down

Post  A Anderson Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:23 pm

I would give this book a 10 because it's usually always hard for me to stay interested in a book. I usually never like to read and with this book I was so interested which made it easy to understand and kept me wanting to findout what was going to happen next.

A Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  wthwe Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:55 pm

i would say 9 because this is a really good book and i just can't stop reading it. i think it is really intersting because it makes me realizes about death and reminds me that death can happens anytime soon. It also gives me an idea that you can't get away from that no matter how scare you are and just be ready when it comes because u never know.....

wthwe

Back to top Go down

Post  mschultz Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:31 pm

I would rate this book a 9 at the least. The first week we got the book, I couldn't put it down. I have read books for school before, but this was one of the first ones that I couldn't stop reading. It is an extremely good book and I'm glad that I was able to read it. After the third day, I finished the book and handed it off to my mother. She finished it two days later and now it's one of her favorite books, as well as mine.

mschultz

Back to top Go down

Post  CChew Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:52 pm

I would give this book a 9. I can honestly say that I thorougly enjoyed reading this novel. Life, death and the afterlife is viewed differently by every person, yet the author was successfully able to write a book in such a way where every person can connect to the characters and themes. The combination of different cultures' belief systems is evident which makes the novel universal and therefore can be enjoyed by many people.

CChew

Back to top Go down

Post  LMichaeloff Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:39 am

I would rate this book as a 9. The reason why is because I've read other really great books that have moved me just like this one. This book has actually made me realize what heaven really is to others. I know I'll read it again and remember it for a long time.

LMichaeloff

Back to top Go down

Post  C Weaver Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 am

I rate this book at least an eight. It was extremely difficult to put down, each page had something more interesting than the last. I've also read Mitch Albom's, Tuesdays with Morrie... that too was a page turner. I'd recommend this book to anyone, not only the students who wish to take thanatology. This book taught me alot about life after death and fufilled the curious thoughts i had on death. Again, these are just estimates but who knows.. right?

C Weaver

Back to top Go down

Post  D_sanJose562 Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:24 pm

im going to rate this book a 7. i really enjoyed reading this book and it was a very easy read. i was not overly thrilled with the book so im giving it a 7.

D_sanJose562

Back to top Go down

Post  asotelo Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:24 am

i would rate the book a 9. i read this book on my own a couple of years ago and i read it in a couple of days just because it was so interesting. i like books that make you think about your life and maybe even change the way you look at things and how you treat people. i dont mind reading this book for the second time

asotelo

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Rate

Post  Veronica De Bernardo Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Usually while reading iget distracted by my own thoughts but this book actually kept me interested and the whole story was very good. I would rate this book a 9 for painting such nice pictures in my mind cat

Veronica De Bernardo

Back to top Go down

Post  shaun Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:59 pm

I would rate 5 People at an 8. It was a very very good book. I enjoyed immensely. However, it wasn't the most brilliant thing i have ever read so i had to leave some space for my up most favorites. But, it was definitely in the best top three i have read in school. I enjoyed the outlook on death and the afterlife, it was very intriguing and a fast read. Thanks! =]]

shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  k_garcia Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:12 pm

I would rate "5 people" a nine. This book is so descriptive in its words and shows a wonderful journey of Eddie. I had my scepticism before reading the book because everyone says it's such a great book. The book was very exciting and it kept you guessing on what would happen and what had happened in his life. I would definetly reccomend this book to people!

k_garcia

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Rate the Book

Post  ALever Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:27 pm

I would give the book an 8. I've read it before and it was still a well written novel with a beautiful story about life, but it wasn't the best book I've ever read.

ALever

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Rate the Book!

Post  cwu Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am

I think that this book should be rated a 10 because it was really interesting and it was about Eddie’s feelings towards others and how he cared for people. I think that this is a really good book because Eddie had a great personality and that people had a lot of respect for him. This book was really interesting because it was about death and the five people that you would meet in heaven and you learn about the surroundings.

cwu

Back to top Go down

Post  asinks Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm

I love this book! I would give it atleast a 9. It was very interesting and was an easy read. I have only read two or three other books that I have not been able to put down, and once I started this book I couldn't stop!

asinks

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty rate

Post  sdouglas Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Honestly, I loved it. I thought it was amazing how Albom incorporated so many different religions and beliefs into one book. That kind of writing takes a great amount of time and research..Im assuming. Also, the writing was eloquent and got the point across without using an excessive amount of words. Id give it a 9.5 seeing as its a great book but not quite my favorite.

sdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  bsouthern Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

id give it a 8 or 9. it was a pretty good book because it touches on all sorts of religious beliefs as well as the concept of death.

bsouthern

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Per 2

Post  Zach Randolph Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:53 am

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would probably rate this book a 9. Mostly because I do not like to read that much and when a book actually interests me that is very rare. I have only really liked three books in my life and this is one of them. I found it interesting in how eddie was able to experience the after life in a way that i have not even thought of.

Zach Randolph

Back to top Go down

Rate the book!  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Courtney Macofsky

Post  CourtneyNMac Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm

I would rate this novel a 9. I enjoyed the way the book was broken up into sections and then everything was intertwined at the end. It is also a book that everyone can enjoy and relate to. When it is over you have an understanding of Eddie and what his life on earth was like and how his life will be in heaven. It's an easy read and one that is difficult to put down.

CourtneyNMac

Back to top Go down

Post  T_famularo Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 pm

I would rate this book a 7 or possibly an 8 because this was a very interesting book on the afterlife and it was a very easy read. It incorporates so many different religious views of death and ties them all together to basically make them all look the same or at least very similar. The book loses points when it has the random flashbacks and jumps around from the real world, to Eddie in the afterlife, and to Eddie in his past. Sometimes it was difficult to follow but you catch on quickly and it all makes sense. I would recommend this book highly for everyone to read eventually. It really makes an impact on how you view the afterlife and also how you can better learn to understand your own life. Eddie met quite a few people in heaven that he barely knew, and I believe that when others read this book that they may begin to realize that just because someone is in their life for a brief moment, that moment might have been life changing for someone.

T_famularo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next