LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

+31
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
T_famularo
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
sdouglas
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
LMichaeloff
k_garcia
ALever
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
CChew
joshua
anthonygilkenson
wthwe
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
cconnors
ndaugaard
Admin
35 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:44 pm

The old woman tells Eddie, "you have peace when you make it with yourself." Do you believe this is true? Explain your thoughts.

Franzen study

Admin
Admin

http://lahsthanatology.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

Post  ndaugaard Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 am

Yes, I believe that you will only have peace when you make peace with yourself and forgive yourself for the things you have done. You cannot be happy with your life if you ar enot happy with yourself. You need to forgive yourself and find out what life and others meant to you and how they affected you and then you can truly find peace.

ndaugaard

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Peace

Post  cconnors Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:23 pm

I believe that peace does come from within and if there is no peace with yourself then you will be at war with yourself until you find peace and tranquility. Peace tto me is one of the most important things to have in order to live a long and happy prosperous life. Very Happy

cconnors

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty ..reply

Post  NBrooks Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm

yes i do agree with what she says because if you don't have peace with youself, then you don't have peace at all. It is like saying how can you love someone without loving yourself first. if someone died in your family and you keep telling yourself you have moved on when you haven't, you will constantly be thinking about the situation and you will never ACTUALLY move on. you need to find peace within yourself to actually feel peaceful...

NBrooks

Back to top Go down

Post  BBiazevich3 Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Yes, I do agree with what the old woman tells Eddie, because in order to live a life of happiness and all the other good things, you have to be a peace with yourself. You have to have the clear mind of who you are to yourself and then who you are to others.

BBiazevich3

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Peace!!!

Post  derekmoore12389 Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:48 am

I believe when you have peace you have peace with yourself, because when you realize that all of life's aspects are just learning blocks. In life we must learn from our mistakes to truly understand that peace in this world starts within each human being. We must work together as one to totally grasp the meaning of what life is and how peace can show who we are as a race of people in a world of violence. Laughing

derekmoore12389

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty post reply

Post  joeypaulina Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 pm

I do believe that is true, if you have peace and your fine with yourself little things dont bother you. you become an all around better person.

joeypaulina

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Peaceeeee

Post  wthwe Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:50 pm

I believe it is true because if you are not peaceful in yourself, you are actually lacking of something and your life will be inscrutable. You always have to worry about something and look like you are fooling yourself. You need to move on and set peace for yourself so that you can spread peace and justice for whole other people that needed.

wthwe

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonygilkenson Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:13 pm

The old woman tells Eddie, "you have peace when you make it with yourself." Do you believe this is true? Explain your thoughts.

I do believe this is true. The only person that decides how you feel is you. Nothing will ever bother you or make you upset if you don't let it. Everything you feel is about perception. Pertaining to the last topic of the end is the beginning, if you get fired from a job, don't let it raise a fire in you and perceive as a good thing, as a new beginning to start over with a new job. You have to allow yourself to be O.K. with your life. You have to allow yourself to have peace. If something is unsettling to you, it is because you allow it to be. Chaos is controllable. Peace is maintainable, it just depends on how badly you want to work for it. But you will not achieve it unless you make it with yourself and confront your own problems. Nobody else can make peace for you.

anthonygilkenson

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty joshua

Post  joshua Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:07 pm

4.The old woman tells Eddie, "you have peace when you make it with yourself." Do you believe this is true? Explain your thoughts.
Yes I definitely believe that statement is true. Hatred is a double edged sword and if you don’t let it go it will tear you apart from the inside out. That why I never try to hold a grudge for to long because after a little it becomes dumb.

Last edited by joshua on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  CChew Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:12 pm

I 100% agree with the quote. We often look outside ourselves to find solutions that we believe the world holds. In actuality all we have to do is look within ourselves for the answers. We cannot anticipate change from others unless we are willing to take the initiative and change ourlselves. If one wants to have peace in his heart, he cannot expect to make peace with others without first making peace with himself. We have to accept who we are, our actions and character. Once this is accomplished, peace will be firmly established and then we can make peace with others.

CChew

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty yes

Post  Veronica De Bernardo Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm

You cannot have peace with anyone else or enjoy the simple things in life if you cannot have harmony with yourself. The mind will be full of clutter and stress which will over power any positive thoughts. Peace can only be found within yourself. afro Being comfortable with who you are and having an open mind will guide you to a better state of being. Peace consists of all the good qualities in a person such as: Gratitude, Love, tranquility, happiness and positivity.

Veronica De Bernardo

Back to top Go down

Post  shaun Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:20 pm

I believe that is definitely true, because when you see things you don't like in others it is really just something you don't like about yourself. All problems can be resolved within yourself, all you have to do is forgive yourself and let go. Eddie had many emotional problems that prevented him from being at peace. However, once he learned of why they were needed and why it was okay. He was able to forgive himself and let go. Thus, all the healing to create peace was done within Eddie alone. For instance, Tala the girl he killed in the fire. He was in great distress over that, but she explained to him that it was alright. In the end, he forgave himself and let go of it. Moving on and creating peace for himself.

shaun

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Have Peace?

Post  ALever Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 pm

I completely agree with the old woman's statement. Having peace with one's strengths, weaknesses, body, life, etc. is the most important thing in the world. How can one enjoy life if they can't be comfortable with themselves or the choices they've made? Happiness is the same way; a person has to be happy with themselves because no one and no amount of money can make a person truly happy.

ALever

Back to top Go down

Post  k_garcia Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:49 pm

I do believe that peace comes from within. People can have peace in their lives even in the most stressful situation. Peace is whatever and where ever you want it to be. Its all in the mind. You just have to believe that. For some this is much easier and other people find it incredibly difficult to find peace in thier world. No matter how hectic your world is you will always have inner peace if you want it.

k_garcia

Back to top Go down

Post  LMichaeloff Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:50 pm

I do believe this is true. When you can make peace with yourself your one full person. You can tell yourself that you have peace but if you actually persue it and try it for yourself and your actually making it when helping others and yourself. Peace comes within and shows you a different route to take.

LMichaeloff

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Have peace?

Post  cwu Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 am

I think that what the old woman tells Eddie is true because in order to have peace then you have to be good with others. When you help others good things will happen back because you have helped others and that it has impacted them so then you will earn the peace and respect from doing good things. You can have peace and happiness in your life if you make it happen and there’s always something you can do make it happen. I think that in order to have peace you have to know who you are and who others are in order to have peace.

cwu

Back to top Go down

Post  asinks Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I believe that this quote is true. I think that people who make peace with themselves are able to solve problems and overcome obstacles in life. If someone does not have any problems with others but cannot find tranquility in themselves they will never be able to achieve much. Very Happy

asinks

Back to top Go down

Post  bsouthern Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm

i agree with ruby, i think that the only way you can truly be peaceful is if you have peace with yourself as well as the world around you. how can you be at peace when you have internal conflicts that are unsolved? you have to make amends with yourself to be at peace.

bsouthern

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty peace

Post  sdouglas Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:14 pm

I absolutely think thats true. I mean, how can you find the good in others and in life when you cant see it in yourself. I can speak from personal experience when I say that finding even some level of inner peace can greatly change things. Your outlook, the way you talk, even the way you dress. I think that inner peace should be one of the most important goals in a persons life.

sdouglas

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Per 2

Post  Zach Randolph Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 am

Yes, I do agree with the quote. If you cannot find peace with in yourself how are you going to be able to find peace with anyone or anything if you cannot even find it within yourself. When you find peace within yourself you become a better person. You become more friendly and outgoing. The little things in life would not bother you if you have found peace withing yourself.

Zach Randolph

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Courtney Macofsky

Post  CourtneyNMac Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Growing up, whenever I felt upset about something that involved a friend or an enemy my mom would tell me that “Only you control your emotions.” When something happens and you blame someone else for making you feel a certain way the only person causing this anger is yourself. The best revenge is to drop it and move on; accept what has happened. I agree with the quote that you have to find peace internally before anyone else can change what you are feeling. Eddie wanted to accept what happened on earth by talking to people that were once in his life but he had to find acceptance within himself first.

CourtneyNMac

Back to top Go down

Post  T_famularo Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:36 pm

I do believe that this statement: "you have peace when you make it with yourself," is true because once you make peace with yourself, what does it matter anymore. Usually making peace with the people you had trouble with makes it easier for you to make peace with yourself, but true peace cannot come from someone else. Others can forgive you, and many times it is easier for them to forgive you than it is for you to forgive yourself. Once you have the ability to come to terms with yourself and you act with that ability, then you can actually move on with your life without living in the past. Your own self may be the hardest one to forgive and continue with life without dwelling on something you regret. Once you can get past yourself then nothing can truly break that peace.

T_famularo

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty peace

Post  ACallahan Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Yes, I completely agree with her. You will not be happy with anything, until you are happy with yourself. When you make peace with yourself you are letting all the bad, negative vibes go. You are left with only positive vibes, and therefore content. If you are always angry at other people, then chances are you are really also angry with yourself. Once you relax and let go, then you can live peacefully.

ACallahan

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm Empty Peace

Post  aleceisenberg Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 pm

I strongly agree with this statement because finding your peace is the only way to find peace. It can't just be handed over to you on a silver platter, you have to search for it within yourself and take it. It is the most important thing you could possibly do before you die because you only have one lifetime to. You only get one chance on this earth and that's it. If you don't have peace with yourself how can you be expected to be at peace with your surroundings.

aleceisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next