LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

+33
KSnyder
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
ALever
k_garcia
LMichaeloff
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
CChew
anthonygilkenson
mschultz
Kbrown
AGriffith
wthwe
A Anderson
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
cconnors
ndaugaard
Admin
37 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:43 pm

In The Five People You Meet in Heaven it says "all endings are also beginnings." What does this mean? How has it been true in your life? Is this comforting, sad--what emotions does this idea arouse in you?

Franzen study

Admin
Admin

http://lahsthanatology.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  ndaugaard Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:27 am

I think that means that when something ends it always causes something else to begin. For example, when my high school career ends it will cause me to begin college and a new phase in my life. In my life I have switched schools many times, but i have been somewhat happy about it because i am starting fresh with new faces and new memories to make. The end of something is not always bad. In my life every new begining has been better than before.

ndaugaard

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Is it the Beginning or the End

Post  cconnors Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 pm

To me the end is just the beginning I believe in a Heaven and a Hell. I believe that because I have accepted Jesus Christ in my life I have been saved and will not just die and thats the end but my spirit will go home and I will be reunited with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and will live forever with him. So I really don't believe in a "end" but only a forever beginning. cheers

cconnors

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty ...reply

Post  NBrooks Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:17 pm

"all endings are also beginnings"..to me that means that once something ends in your life, something will start your life back up again. this has been true in my life because i ended a bad relationship and started a one that has been lasting for 2 years now and has been a great change in my life.

NBrooks

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  BBiazevich3 Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 pm

It means that once you end something, the next time a new beginning like it comes around you have some knowledge and experience to grow from and make this time better. It’s like relationships. You have one for a while and then end it. After a little time apart some relationships seem to have a spark again but this new beginning will be different because the mistakes and misunderstandings that happened the first time wont happen again because you learned how to deal and work with them to avoid them in this relationshiop. To me it brings sadness for awhile in the ending part, but the beginning gives me a sense of excitement and happiness.

BBiazevich3

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Is the end the beginning?

Post  derekmoore12389 Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 am

I in my belief through life that, for instance, when someone dies that someone is also born at the same time. In all of life and what it offers that we must live life to the fullest, so that when we pass the next person born from my death will have every advantage to succeed Rolling Eyes Cool

derekmoore12389

Back to top Go down

Post  joeypaulina Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:41 pm

I do believe this when something ends something begins. when i moved from Pomana my life changed but for the better i moved to Cypress and i feel like it was the best thing for me. Just because a chapter in your life is over it doesnt mean that something new wont start up for you. I like knowing that there is an after life it makes me happy to know that when you die you can go to heaven.

joeypaulina

Back to top Go down

Post  A Anderson Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:41 pm

The statement “All endings are also beginnings” is a very true one. To me it means that everything happens for a reason and in order for you to get to your future sometimes that means losing something from your past or going through hard times. Even though at the time it might seem like the worst most unfair thing in the world and even though you might not think you can go on, you will look back on it and realize that certain good things would not have happened if other things didn’t go wrong, and you will realize that through good and bad times life will always go on. I am a strong believer in this. I know that every situation-good or bad-all occur to test the limits of your soul and to help you learn things along the way. Without these tests your life would be nothing. Without those who hurt you, you would learn nothing along the way. This has been very true in my life. I have gone through many things and learned from them all and realized a lot. When I look back on those bad times I would not change them for anything because of everything I have gained by going through it. It all just makes you a stronger person. This is a very comforting thing to me.

A Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  wthwe Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:48 pm

All the ends are beginning because you shouldn't view everything in a negative way and things should come out pretty well after the end. we should have let thing happens the end is not the end of the world. things can change after the end and the beginning could be so much better and you just didnt know. sometimes, the beginning makes thing relevant because whatever happened before should stay there and people need to keep moving on with their lives.

wthwe

Back to top Go down

Post  AGriffith Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 pm

I definitely believe that all endings are also beginnings. I have experienced plenty of this to believe it and i think almost everyone else has also. As a friendship ends it must be for a reason and a newer stronger one will form and probably change your life. As you lose a job you will most likely find a better one that will benefit you more. To lose a boyfriend can be sad but there is always someone better out there for you that will eventually sweep you off your feet. I think that if you have met the right person, you wouldn't break up, something would keep you together, same with a friend. I think that as you die you are being taken for a reason, maybe from something worse that could have happened in the long run. But once you reach your heaven i believe you can start a new life either in a new life form or in your own new heaven if you deserve to. Everything you come across in life as an obstacle is for a reason and only allows you to rise above it and become a stronger person from it.

AGriffith

Back to top Go down

Post  Kbrown Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 pm

I believe that when you die it is the start to a new beginning. It is the start of the eternal life in heaven or hell. There truly is no end to the life cycle. I also believe that we are reincarnated into another body after staying in the afterlife for a while. So technically, our spirits will live on forever.

Kbrown

Back to top Go down

Post  mschultz Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:02 pm

With every ending, there is always a beginning. With every death, there comes life. That is what the quote means. There is always some form of continuation with life and death. I have lost friends that have either moved away or died, but I have always found that I have gained new friendship with every one that I lose.

mschultz

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonygilkenson Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:09 pm

In The Five People You Meet in Heaven it says "all endings are also beginnings." What does this mean? How has it been true in your life? Is this comforting, sad--what emotions does this idea arouse in you?

It means exactly what it says it means. When something in your life ends, it opens up an opportunity for a new beginning. If you break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend, it doesn't end the relationship, it starts a whole new process of looking for another partner. The only way to start something new is to end something old. By ending your old life, you are able to start a new and better one. When you think you've finished all of Mrs Franzen's homework, guess again, you got a whole new beginning of assignments. This has been true in my life for a lot of things. When I end a grade of school, I start a whole new grade with all new classes, teachers and students. When all of my experiences in Jr. High ended, it allowed me to begin to have more experiences in High School. Anything that has ever ended for me has just opened up new doors of opportunity and new ideas. This idea is comforting, because when something ends, something else begins. You will never be left without anything. And just because something you were trying at ended doesn't mean you have to stop trying. Failing at a task lets yous tart over with new information and lessons learned in your head. The emotions that arouse in me when I think about this philosophy are excitement and comfort. It's comforting to know that I'll always be able to start something new once one thing ends. and it is exciting to know that new opportunities are just around the corner.

*****You are such a snarky turd! If you didn't have that charming smile....grrr..... Rolling Eyes*****

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Admin Response)

anthonygilkenson

Back to top Go down

Post  CChew Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:43 pm

If you picture life as a circle, the starting point and an ending point cannot be found. In other words, a closing of one chapter in life also marks the beginning of another; endings offer new beginnings. Life is a neverending cycle and it has proven to be so as one life dies and another is born. I grew out of childhood and entered my teen years. Now I am transitioning from an adolescent to a young adult. I ended one stage of my life only to begin another stage filled with more experiences soon to come. This quote offers us hope. Society has come up with the notion- " Good things never last." Instead we should eliminate the fear of endings because we can hope bigger and possibly better things will come.

CChew

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty yes

Post  Veronica De Bernardo Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:18 pm

"all endings are also beginnings"
I do believe in this people should not be afraid of death. Death isnt an ending it is a new start a new beginning to another journey. The journey only gets better which is very soothing to the mind. Everything happens for a reason and when it is your time you are taken to a place for a specific reason. Whenever there is an ending you gain something either it be knowledge, a lesson or relief ending are just open doors for new beginnings a new start. If something ends in your life that you really enjoy; its for the better because its pushing that out of the way so new opportunities will have its way to make it through. farao

Veronica De Bernardo

Back to top Go down

Post  shaun Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:32 pm

To me it means, that nothing is really a true ending only a transition into another beginning. It has been very true in my life. I use to live in Hawaii with my mom, and i started to get into very serious trouble and i was in emotional turmoil. So, i moved to Seal Beach with my dad. It was the end of my life in Hawaii and my friends but it was a new beginning for me, i turned my life around and I'm doing my best.
A person must go through change to become a better and stronger person; and the only way for that to happen is for one thing to end and for another to begin. It's the cycle of life.
Its not alway easy in the moment to accept that its the end. But afterward, i understand and i am grateful. So to me, this idea arouses emotions of nostalgia, comfort, anticipation and curiosity.

shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  LMichaeloff Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:45 pm

"All endings are beginnings". This means to me that once you end your life or once you die its all of a sudden a new beginning. Even though you die your soul may live on and persue in the way that you would like. Whether its heaven, hell, or something completely different. This has been true in my life because I knew once my Grandma died, she went to a better place or a place where she could watch over our family. It was a new beginning for her, a new journey in her life. This is comforting. It makes me fell good to know that once you die your not just put somewhere forever but you soul and being are still as one as you prolong in the rest of you journey of life.

LMichaeloff

Back to top Go down

Post  k_garcia Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:55 pm

This quote means to me that every end you find begins a new adventure. Most religions believe in a heaven, so when you die its the end of your human life, but the beginning of your life in heaven. Though we havent yet experienced this kind of example, i've noticed that once one part of my life comes to a close, a new one starts with new experiences and new challenges. The thought of there never really being an end is very comforting to some people who havent come to terms with death and secretly might be afraid of their own end.

k_garcia

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Is the End the Beginning?

Post  ALever Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 pm

I think the end is somewhat like a beginning, or at least like a new chapter in a book. For instance, when we graduate in June, most of us will go to college and it will be a new chapter in life. There will be people we'll never see again after high school or we may lose touch with people we've been friends with since 2nd grade, but we'll also make new friends. Kind of like "when one door closes, another one opens."

ALever

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Is the end the beginning?

Post  cwu Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 am

This means that what you ended can be the start of it because you will see it at the end once you have finished something. I don’t think that it has been true in my life because I’m not sure and I don’t remember if it was true in my life.

cwu

Back to top Go down

Post  asinks Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:30 pm

I think that this quote means that when one season in your life passes a new one begins. It brings new opportunities and experiences. This could be a positive or negative thing. A huge example of this in my life is the different friends that I have had. The endings of some friendships bring sadness but I also look at it as an opportunity to get closer to other people. I think that this brings a lot of emotions; happiness, sadness, hope, and joy!

asinks

Back to top Go down

Post  bsouthern Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:51 pm

i think that this quote means that death is only the beginning of the journey, and that there is more to life than just living and dying, its like a cycle that has a meaning and purpose. i believe that this life and our death is a beginning. it makes me a little sad because of the inevitable dying this, but it is also comforting and i like the idea that there is more out there.

bsouthern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Randolph Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:01 am

"All ending are also beginnings" means that once the end happens there is a new beginnings of something else. This is true in my life by when my grandpa past away a few months ago and that was the ending i thought for a while then i was able to pick my self back up knowing everything will be find and he is in a better place. Know the beginning is more enjoyable than from when he pasted. This quote comforts me knowing that the end will not always be the end. This makes me feel good and i do not have that much to fear about death.

Zach Randolph

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty Courtney Macofsky

Post  CourtneyNMac Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:57 pm

I think that every ending is the mark of a new beginning. As graduation approaches I find comfort in the fact that as my high school career ends I will be starting a new chapter in my life where I learn and experience more. Personally, I believe the reason why people are so dependent on religion is because they are afraid to imagine death, an inevitable ending, without a beginning to follow. I think people would rather believe in something that may not exist than live knowing that nothing else does. I don’t think there is such thing as an ending; as long as you keep people and experiences alive in your memories.

CourtneyNMac

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm Empty new beginings

Post  ACallahan Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 pm

I believe that once you come to an end in something, something new is just about to begin. It’s like, “when one door closes, another one opens”. When you finish one chapter, another one begins. I went to Laurel and that was one part of my life, but that came to an end. Now I am starting my new “beginning” at Los Al. Once I graduate Los Al, I will go on to college (again starting a new chapter of my life). This makes me feel sad and somewhat nostalgic because I have a tough time dealing with change. I know it’s usually for the better though, and then I don’t feel so bad.

ACallahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next