LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

+35
jblank
KSnyder
ETstelpflug
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
T_famularo
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
sdouglas
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
ALever
k_garcia
LMichaeloff
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
asotelo
D_sanJose562
CChew
mschultz
AGriffith
wthwe
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
ndaugaard
Admin
39 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:40 pm

Which one of Eddie's five people amazed/suprised/facinated/touched you the most? Explain.

Franzen study

Admin
Admin

http://lahsthanatology.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

Post  ndaugaard Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:30 am

I think that the little girl at te end suprised me the most. I though that when he was at war he was imagining someone in the fire, but he was not. I could not believe that there was a little girl who him and his friends killed. I was even more suprised when I found out that it was her hands he felt when he died not the girl's who he was trying to save. I was very happy when she said she pulled him into heaven and was keeping him safe; it was very touching.

ndaugaard

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty ...reply

Post  NBrooks Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:20 pm

the character in the book who SHOCKED me the most was the blue man because of his reasoning of how he knew eddie. the book in general shocked me because its crazy how you can see a stranger and maybe somehow their death can relate to you. In the story when it was talking about how the blue man died and how it tied in with eddie really suprised me and left me in awe...i was really supprised..the fact that you can look at 2 stories from 2 different views and see where each one ends up, its crazy and in the book's case, eddie moved on with his life and the blue man ended his...

NBrooks

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Re: Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

Post  BBiazevich3 Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:38 pm

The character that shocked, amazed, and surprised me the most was the little girl. Even though Eddie had met the captain in heaven, that whole scence of the fire came back to him because thats what was haunting him in his dreams for years. It amazed me how she wasnt so pretty until Eddie had taken that rock and rubbed it on her. Then she explains that it was her hands that Eddie felt and not the little girl sitting under the rollercoaster because he saved her and that was Eddie's job in life, which amazed me.

BBiazevich3

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Which of eddie 5?

Post  derekmoore12389 Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 am

My person that i would choose is the blue man in novel, because he shock me on how much he knew of eddie and all of his things he did in his life. I strongly believe that every death that occurs in this world or another is practically related to each other in one way or another. In life we all have chance to impact another persons life here or in the afterlife. Razz Razz

derekmoore12389

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty post reply

Post  joeypaulina Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 pm

I liked all of them i really liked the soilder i thought that he thought him the most. The blue man to me was something very out there and different but i liked how friendly he was. I thought the wife was so cute im glad Eddie was able to see her, i kept reading and wondering when is he going to see her. The little girl who was burned made me sad for her and for Eddie but i thought it was amazing when he started rubbing the scares off her with rocks.

joeypaulina

Back to top Go down

Post  wthwe Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 pm

the peson who amazed me the most is the little girl who was burned in the fire because how scare that would be when you saw the person who is dying in the fire but you can't do anything about it just let that happen. also it is hard to believe because you just see that girl die in the fire and she is too young to die. she has a lot of thing to do for her future and it is hard for her because she is too young too understand about death and i dont think she realized that she was dead.....also hard for eddie too because he might feel gulity even though he knows that wasnt his fault.

wthwe

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty shockkking

Post  AGriffith Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 pm

The most shocking character for me that he met in heaven would have to be his fifth person the little girl. The reason she was so surprising was because i had thought so surely that it was going to be someone like the girl tried to save or his dad.What was also surprising from this girl was that he had burnt her and when he thought there was someone in the house that he needed to save, there really was and it was her. It was really crazy when he was able to wipe off the pain he had caused her to make her beautiful and normal again. The most touching part was when he asks her if he pulled the girl out of the way and she says no you pushed her and that the hands he felt pulling were hers pulling him to heaven!!

AGriffith

Back to top Go down

Post  mschultz Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm

The little girl at the end surprised me the most. I didn't expect the concept of her helping him to heaven when he tried to save the other little girl at the theme park. I first believed that Eddie was hallucinating when he thought there was someone in the burning barn.

mschultz

Back to top Go down

Post  CChew Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:47 pm

The character that touched me the most was the little girl that was burned in the fire. The scene where Eddie washes the patches of scabs from the fire burns was certainly emotive. Moreover, Eddie has always felt that he had no purpose in life and the little girl tells him otherwise; he kept children safe. His job may not seem as a big deal at first but it really was. He prevented hundreds of deaths each year because he took his maintence job responsibly. Additionaly, the Blue Man and the girl demonstrate the power of forgiveness. Eddie, even though unknowinly, took these two lives away and yet these innocent beings found a place in their hearts to forgive him. Because of thier forgiveness, guilt is lifted off from Eddie's shoulders and he can finally move on peacefully.

CChew

Back to top Go down

Post  D_sanJose562 Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm

i think the character that susprised me the most was the captain. i thought he was the most interesting because he was the one who changed eddies life forever when he shot him in the knee. because of the captain eddie could never go back to the life he knew before the war.

D_sanJose562

Back to top Go down

Post  asotelo Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 am

i think the blue man was most interesting because eddie had impacted his life so much and not even known. he had even been to his funeral, but been too young to care. this character is the first that gets you thinking about whos life you might have altered so far. Shocked

asotelo

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty which 5

Post  Veronica De Bernardo Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Getting towards the end of the book i was excited to see who the final person was. It was shocking how the little girl was the one that brought him into heaven. Each of the 5 people were all so different from eachother and i liked how the ending tied together with the fire and the little girls hands when he was trying to save the other girl.

Veronica De Bernardo

Back to top Go down

Post  shaun Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Which one of Eddie's five people amazed/suprised/facinated/touched you the most? Explain.

I think the Captain fascinated me the most because the author's view of what heaven was like in the novel was exposed more than any other character. He said that you see what you want to in Heaven, like Eddie saw the Captain smoking when he wasn't, and he saw him in the jungle of the war when he was really in a beautiful rain forest like place. Also, he taught Eddie that sacrifices must be made for the higher good sometimes. I agree with that completely, one must sacrifice for something he/she really loves or wants. You cannot have everything, life is about give and take, ebb and flow.

shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  LMichaeloff Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Out of all the characters that Eddie met throughout the book, I think the character that surprised me the most was the blue man. It shocked me how he actually knew Eddie and how Eddie's life impacted him and how his life impacted Eddie. The way Eddie talked to the Blue man and the way the Blue man responded, made their relationship different. It suprised me how much one person can know about you and can impact you so much just during that one time period.

LMichaeloff

Back to top Go down

Post  k_garcia Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:40 pm

The vietnamese girl at the end suprised me. I didnt think that she would come back in the book but she did. It was really descriptive when he was washing the burns off her. Best moment of the book

k_garcia

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Which One of the 5?

Post  ALever Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:17 pm

While I think all of the 5 people bring an important element to the story, my favorite was the old woman, Ruby. She showed how people affected each other's lives: how Emile's love for Ruby lead to the pier that would be the life and death of both Eddie and his father. She also teaches Eddie that even though she feels guilt and regret towards the pier, she learned to forgive and make peace, just as Eddie needs to forgive and make peace with his father. I also like the bittersweet story of Eddie's father and Mickey Shea in that section.

ALever

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Which one of the 5?

Post  cwu Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:45 am

The five people that amazed me was the little girl in the book because she had got burned in a hut. This incident would be really scary because you have got burned in a hut and that there is no way for you to escape and that you had saw someone die. The little girl had a future to live and she could have done many things before she had died in the hut. When Eddie had seen this he had felt really sorry for the girl because he couldn’t just walk through and save her. Eddie knows that it wasn’t his fault about what had happened.

cwu

Back to top Go down

Post  asinks Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm

The character that surprised me the most of the five people that Eddie met in heaven was the little girl. I thought it was really interesting the person that he wanted to save in the hut, but didn't end up saving, was the last person to greet him into heaven. When he "saw" someone in the hut I thought that he was just dreaming or imagining someone, but in actuality there was someone in the burning hut. When I began to read that he had grabbed hands I thought for sure that it was the little girl from Ruby Pier that he attempted to save. I thought it was really interesting that she was not beautiful until Eddie had rubbed her with the rock. I also thought it was really cute how she said that he had pushed the young girl out of the way and that the other girl is the one that pulled her into heaven.

asinks

Back to top Go down

Post  bsouthern Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:07 pm

i loved all of eddie's 5 people but i would have to say that the little girl that eddie had burned, and his wife were the most touching people. all 5 people had personal stories but the little girl was so young and yet in heaven she was so understanding after all that had happened to her. you know eddie was impacted deeply by the intertwining of their lives, for the rest of his life and into death. i also was touched by eddie's wife because eddie loved her so much and its cool to think of love after death.

bsouthern

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty affirmative

Post  sdouglas Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I most enjoyed Eddies interaction with the Captain. Through the Captains story, Eddie was shown the value of life in general and the integrity of sacrifice. The Captain gave his life to save his men even though he was still so young and almost as intimidated by the war as the rest of them were. I also like that he shows Eddie the whole concept of "whats true to you is truth." [yes..I am aware that I constantly bring that up Razz ] But I think its an important lesson to learn and I enjoyed the way Albom conveyed it through the Captain.

sdouglas

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Per2

Post  Zach Randolph Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:09 am

I think the little girl ened up suprising me the most. I thought this whole time he was just hallucinating that he was actually seeing something. It turned out it was the little girl and he and his friends accidentally killed her because they just thought Eddie was going crazy. I found it pretty facinating that the little girl was the hands he had felt when he died and she pulled him up to haven. That made the book for me.

Zach Randolph

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Courtney Macofsky

Post  CourtneyNMac Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:05 pm

My favorite person that Eddie met in heaven was Ruby. I found it interesting how something that she created with her husband which was just a setting became such an impacting place in many people’s lives. Ruby pier had an affect on many people; the blue man, Eddie and his family, Ruby and her husband and the little girl Eddie saved. Each of these people will always remember Ruby Pier for one reason or another.

CourtneyNMac

Back to top Go down

Post  T_famularo Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:25 pm

The character that amazed and surprised me the most was the captain because I never would have thought that after serving in a war and then dying many years later that out of everyone Eddie knew, one of the five was his military commanding officer. The fact that the captain was there to also apologize for shooting Eddie in the leg even though it saved his life with a few other soldiers. Also what surprised me was that the captain actually shot one of his squad members and then sacrificed his life for them. The fact that the captain's heaven was a battlefield because he only knew war and he wanted to be there when there wasn't any gunfire or explosions amazed me. I thought that someone like that would want to get as far away from the battlefield as he possibly could, but when that was all he knew, I suppose that he could never truly get away even in death.

T_famularo

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm Empty Which of Eddie's 5?

Post  ACallahan Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Eddie's fifth person, the little girl, shocked me the most. I wasn't expecting her at all. The whole time I thought it was going to be the girl that he pushed out of the way. I was surprised to learn that this little girl from the fire was the one who led him to heaven. I didn't think that there was really anybody in the hut when he burned it down. I thought he was just hallucinating or something. I loved at the end when he washed away her burns and somewhat made everything okay.

ACallahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next