LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

+31
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
T_famularo
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
sdouglas
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
LMichaeloff
k_garcia
ALever
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
CChew
joshua
anthonygilkenson
wthwe
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
cconnors
ndaugaard
Admin
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

Post  JWolff Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Yes I do believe that when you make peace with yourself is when you truly have peace. In this world in my opionion this is the only chance you have and there is no one watching over you so you can only make peace with yourself to truely be at peace.

JWolff

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Have peace? Answer by 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Stefanie Duarte Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 pm

I do believe that this statement that the old woman made is true. With everything that you do or accomplish, you must believe in yourself and make it happen. If someone you knew died and it was a hard situation for you to take but you keep telling yourself you've moved on but you really have'nt, you will keep thinking about that person and you wont actually have moved on. This is the same with having peace within yourself, you must tell yourself you have peace in order to actually have peace within you.

Stefanie Duarte

Back to top Go down

Post  josh_Gagnon Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 am

yes, i think that this statement is true because if you dont have peace in you own life then you are not going to be happy. when you make peace in yourself and forgive yourself for all of the wrohng you have done, then and only after than you can have peace in yourself and go on and live the life you were supposed to.

josh_Gagnon

Back to top Go down

Post  A.Leverone Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Yes, I do agree with this quote when the old lady tells Eddie this. I believe this because I think that you have to be at peace with yourself in oder to live a good life. If you have so much hate build up many people will be able to feel that, and I don't think you will feel as happy.

A.Leverone

Back to top Go down

Post  SBornstein Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm

yes i definitely believe that you have peace when you make it with yourself. you must forgive yourself for what you did wrong, and learn from your mistakes. it will make you a better and stronger person, and you will be able to get on with your life with a clear conscience. it is very important to make peace with yourself, otherwise, you will live through your life with guilt or unconfidence, etc. making peace with yourself will make it easier for you to live and enjoy life because you will be content.

SBornstein

Back to top Go down

Post  VBravo3 Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:12 pm

I agree with this because if you believe in peace nothing will bother you. Having confidence in yourself helps you become a better person.

VBravo3

Back to top Go down

Have peace?  Answer by 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  KSnyder Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 pm

when at peace with oneself you are not only at peace with your own mind but with all things that affect you which is to say...all things that come into contact with you. So, yes i would say that this is a true story because what you are is encompassed by everything that you are affected by.

KSnyder

Back to top Go down

Post  jblank Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:54 pm

I agree with this quote. There is no way you can live with yourself if you don't believe it. To have peace is to have made peace with yourself. It doesn't matter if other people have forgiven you. You must forgive yourself for you to believe it is true.

jblank

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Gutierrez Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:00 pm

I believe this is true because if you dwell on something you are not being peaceful. You must let yourself get over what happened and move on with whatever you are not at peace with. If you are truly at peace with yourself then nothing else should matter.

C.Gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Post  britt_somers Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

i totally agree with the ruby because i know from personally experience that when i want to be calm im calm and when i want to be excited im excited. you determine the mood that you are in and how much peace is within you. i also believe that you create everything that is going on around you. you are in complete control of your live and only you can make it how you want it.

britt_somers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2