LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

+33
KSnyder
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
ALever
k_garcia
LMichaeloff
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
CChew
anthonygilkenson
mschultz
Kbrown
AGriffith
wthwe
A Anderson
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
cconnors
ndaugaard
Admin
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty The End

Post  aleceisenberg Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 pm

In "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", there is a message that says "the end is only the beginning. I believe this because every thing in this world moves in a cycle. That is what the saying "the cycle of life" comes from. There is always something new, something different coming your way and we just don't realize it until we loose something. New doors and new opportunities always arise and nothing never just ends. An Ending doesnt' even exist. It just means that that door is closed and another one will open.

aleceisenberg

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  JWolff Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:24 pm

To me death is the end so it doesn't really invoke any emotion.

JWolff

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the end the beginning? Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Stefanie Duarte Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:54 pm

"All endings are also beginnings." This quote states the truth. In my life I have experienced this. For example, when I stoped working at Mahe, I knew it was the end of my work for the time, but I will eventually begin another good job when I graduate and when I have the time. When we all graduate High School, it's an ending in our life's, however we have College ahead of us waiting for us to open the door. I think this quote means a lot and is very true. It isn't really sad to me because when something ends, I know that there is something else ahead for me in life. Another example, when someone dies, their life ends, but their soul lives on and goes to heaven. All endings are also beginnings.

Stefanie Duarte

Back to top Go down

Post  josh_Gagnon Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 am

i believe that when you die that it is only the begginning of your life. the end is not always the end, like when you die i believe that your soul goes to heaven it you believe in god and there you will spend eternity in heaven with no worry, no pain, just happiness. when death comes into my mind it gives me feelings of sorrow of course.. but it also makes me think that there in a much better palce, that everyone wants to go to and in a sense i am happy for them for the place that they are in.

josh_Gagnon

Back to top Go down

Post  A.Leverone Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:56 pm

The statement "all endings are also beginnings" I believe is a very true statement because I think that it means that everything happens for a reason. This gives me comfort becasue I have also said everything happens for a reason and not to dwell on something beacuse it is now out of your control. This also makes me think that when you loose close loved ones that the end of their life is only the beggining, and for most that helps with comfort. Smile

A.Leverone

Back to top Go down

Post  SBornstein Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:00 pm

i believe that all endings are also beginnings. this means that one chapter ends in your life and immediately another begins. for example, after elementary school, we went to middle school, then to high school, and then to college. they are all different endings and beginnings. you grow throughout the journey and learn from your mistakes. relationships end and new ones begin. you learn more about yourself and what kind of person you are. always having new beginnings is a very comforting thought. that means that you will always have something to look forward to, which gives people hope and anticipation, as well as curiosity. it is great to know that death is not the end, and that you will go to heaven and reunite with your loved ones. Smile

SBornstein

Back to top Go down

Post  VBravo3 Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:01 pm

I like this concept because it is very true to me and like to think it, when something ends something new begins, like when high school is over I am off to college and it all begins again. When one dies it only leads to a better place whether it is heaven, hell or the purgatory its a new place, which means a new beginning.

VBravo3

Back to top Go down

Post  KSnyder Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:56 pm

This means that what might be seen as an end is only the start of something new. An example from my life would be when I ended a friendship with someone that was close. I never thought that I could make another great friend but from there I learned how to make better friends.

KSnyder

Back to top Go down

Post  jblank Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm

I believe that "all endings are beginnings". This is true in life because everything is constantly changing. Nothing in our life is definite. Everything will die, everything will change. For example, a husband and wife may get divorced, then they go onto different paths with new spouses. A grandmother might pass away and a grandchild might go on to honor that person by going finishing college, like the grandmother wanted. Endings give people chances to start new things, which are the beginnings. For instance. You can't go to college until you graduate high school. This ending of high school gives you the opportunity to make a new beginning at college. This idea of endings and beginnings is kind of scary, but it is necessary for life to continue. I try to not let it get to me, because change is inevitable.

jblank

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Quote means

Post  C.Gutierrez Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 pm

What is meant by “all endings are also beginnings” is that whatever dies new life is brought on. When something dies, rebirth comes shortly after; this happens with all things especially nature. This quote has proven to be true because a family friend past away before my sister had her child and her child was the sign of the beginning. The emotions that come to me are not sad they are more comforting than anything due with death there was also life.

C.Gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Post  britt_somers Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:50 pm

when something comes to an end i do believe that it is only the beginning of something else. i believe that when something ends it just means that its time to move on to something new. in my life this has happened a few times for example, when i quit cheer i was sad and depressed and thought i would not find anything that satisfied me like cheer did but sooner then later i got on a dance team and now that is my new passion. sure i miss cheer but i realized how much i really love dance.

britt_somers

Back to top Go down

Is the end the beginning?  Answer by Friday 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Joshua

Post  joshua Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 pm

1.In The Five People You Meet in Heaven it says "all endings are also beginnings." What does this mean? How has it been true in your life? Is this comforting, sad--what emotions does this idea arouse in you? It means that once something ends something else must begin because death is never the ending. Basically once you stop something you have to start something else. Its true in my life because now is about the time when Im about to end a lot of things in my life such as wrestling, high school, and becoming a “man”. Which means im about to be starting a lot of new things such a college, working, and many other things. I guess its comforting in the way that death isn’t the beginning, but uncomfortable in the way that you kinda become comfortable with your surroundings and sometimes are not ready for them to change.

joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2