LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

+35
jblank
KSnyder
ETstelpflug
VBravo3
SBornstein
A.Leverone
josh_Gagnon
Stefanie Duarte
JWolff
aleceisenberg
ACallahan
T_famularo
CourtneyNMac
Zach Randolph
sdouglas
bsouthern
asinks
cwu
ALever
k_garcia
LMichaeloff
shaun
Veronica De Bernardo
asotelo
D_sanJose562
CChew
mschultz
AGriffith
wthwe
joeypaulina
derekmoore12389
BBiazevich3
NBrooks
ndaugaard
Admin
39 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty which one of the five

Post  aleceisenberg Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:01 pm

I think the most shocking and amazing stories of the five people in heaven was the captain. When I read through and found out that he had actually shot Eddie, I was confused and shocked but I soon realized why he did it. I also thought the death of the captain was sad and somewhat ironic because here he goes and saves Eddie's life and then he gets blown up unexpectingly. I thought it was very surprising and very amazing when I got done reading that chapter.

aleceisenberg

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

Post  JWolff Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:32 pm

The little girl at the end, the way she was so simpathetic towards Eddie even though Eddie was the one who killed her. She even protected him and made sure he came to heaven after he died by guilding him to the Ruby Pier.

JWolff

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one of the 5? Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm

Post  Stefanie Duarte Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:48 pm

The person whom I thought meant the most was the little girl. This is becasue I felt that she had a great impact on Eddie and his life. The other characters did as well, but I think that she stuck to Eddie the most. When the village was burning down he heard her in there, he wanted so bad to go in and save her but the other soldier wouldn't let him. It hurt him so bad and I feel that she really impacted his life becasue he never forgot about her. It was really significant at the end, when he did meet her because of how meaningful it was to Eddie.

Stefanie Duarte

Back to top Go down

Post  josh_Gagnon Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:35 am

out of the five people that eddie mat in heaven, the one that i thought was most shocking was the little girl in the end because when it first said in the book that he saw a little girl i first thought that it was the girl that he tried to save when the coaster was falling. but as i read on to find out that it was the little girl the eddie saew shadows of when he was burning the buliding down when he was in the war, he wanted to go and save her but the others didnt let him because they didnt see what eddie saw, and this stuck with him more than any of the others characters in the novel did.

josh_Gagnon

Back to top Go down

Post  A.Leverone Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:48 pm

The character that amazed and shocked me the most was the last character that Eddie met. One of the reason why this shocked me the most, was because I never expected that it was going to be her. Due to the fact when he met the caption he said it was only a vision. It was also shocking when she said that she was the one who brought him to heaven.

A.Leverone

Back to top Go down

Post  SBornstein Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:10 pm

the person that amazed me the most was definitely the little girl at the end. i was suprised to find out that it was her hands that eddie felt as he died, and how he was able to rub away her burns and scars with a rock. i was fascinated by the captain's story of how he saved eddie's life, yet eddie had no idea of the captain's courage and selflessness. i was touched the most when eddie met up with his wife. it was so cute and made me happy that they had been reunited, but sad, that they could not stay together. it was very emotional because they loved each other so much, yet the love wasn't always shown through their marriage. when they were reunited we were able to see the love again, so it touched me the most.

SBornstein

Back to top Go down

Post  VBravo3 Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:57 pm

The person that amazed me the most was the little girl at the end because i would never expect her to be one of the people that he meets in heaven to help him get in. Although she was a big part of his life in the time he was at war i dont think he would expect her next either. he was completely clueless when he first saw her. I like the part when she all of a sudden had part of her face burnt and he had to wipe it off her face witha rock to make up for his error.

VBravo3

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty The Character That I Was Moved By

Post  ETstelpflug Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:10 pm

The character that moved me the most is the last, the little girl, Tala, who he killed in the war. She reminded me of my little sisters who seem to be around the same age as Tala, I have always had a weak spot for little girls cause I have always had to take care of my little sisters. But what really shocked me was how understanding and forgiving she was to Eddie even though he was responsible for her death. Once the scars and burns appeared on her death, she allowed Eddie to physically and symbolically wash her of her wounds, because she knew of his intentions of saving her. Also she was the one who made sure Eddie arrived safely in heaven and eventually revealed that he pushed away the girl and saved her life, and in a way showed a circle of life, as Tala died by Eddie, the little girl was saved by his hands. So he was able to go to heaven and see all the people he saved while maintaining Ruby Pier.

ETstelpflug

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty Which 5

Post  KSnyder Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm

The 5th person Eddie met in Heaven surprised and was the most touching. It finally put Eddie at peace with the war, his life, and he finally got answers. It was surprising because we were never told that he killed the girl. It was also touching because Eddie finally showed emotions for something other than his wife. After that he was also able to move on to the next step in his journey.

KSnyder

Back to top Go down

Post  jblank Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:53 pm

All of the five people were amazing, but I would say the blue man shocked me. It is crazy to think how you might have a direct effect on someone else, even if you have and never will have met this person in your entire life. The fact that something Eddie did killed this man was shocking and eye opening.

jblank

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Gutierrez Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:07 pm

The person that surprised me the most was the blue man. I never would have thought that something as little as a kid running in front of a car could kill someone. When the blue man was telling the story I thought he was going to crash into another car, or into a wall, I did not expect him to get a heart attack. The whole story on how the blue man died and how such a little thing kills him, really fascinated me.

C.Gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Post  britt_somers Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:38 pm

the person that shocked me the most in the book was the captain when he admitted to shooting eddie in the leg, then he told him he ied from walking on a land mine when they were trying to get him back to a hospital. the character that fascinated me the most was the blue man because i really didnt understand why eddie met him in heaven until i got to the end of that chapter. the most mysterious character in the book was his father and how he couldnt talk to to him when he first saw him in the dining room

britt_somers

Back to top Go down

Which one of the 5?  Answer by Friday, 3/7 at 9pm - Page 2 Empty joshua

Post  joshua Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:40 pm

3.Which one of Eddie's five people amazed/suprised/facinated/touched you the most? Explain. I was most fascinated by the little girl because I couldn’t tell if she was supposed to be the girl who he saw in the burning house or the girl he saved or both:/ hmmm tell me who it was please.

joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonygilkenson Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 am

The character that fascinated me the most had too of been the blue buddy from the freak farm. His life was turned tragic after an unfortunate event, and that caused him to cross paths with Eddie at the amusement park. Even though Eddie only briefly caught site of him, it was Eddie who caused the blue man's ultimate demise. Everyone you come across, even if it is only for a second, has their own story. You should never judge because one day they may come back to meet you or you may incidentally cause their death, as Eddie did. All though Eddie didn't do anything mean or judge, this person he regarded as insignificant to him eventually became a person he met in Heaven. It goes to show you that even the most simple and short interaction with a person can change their life and yours forever. Eddie's encounter with the blue buddy was short, but it not only changed the blue man's life, it ended it.

anthonygilkenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2