LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9

+47
mbell
AGriffith
C Weaver
VBravo3
LMichaeloff
ALever
C.Gutierrez
samanthakozz
crissytheodore
aeisenberg
JAmantea
joeypaulina
T_famularo
VBravo
ACallahan
kelly smith
shaun
Bcurran
sdouglas
zacharyh308
BBiazevich3
Stefanie Duarte
chlozoya
joshua
asinks
wthwe
cwu
Heather Francis
KSnyder
britt_somers
Kbrown
SBornstein
JWolff
LBrook
ETstelpflug
NBrooks
ndaugaard
jstuart
bsouthern
Zach Randolph
jjones
nicklopez
asotelo
SVohsing
k_garcia
mschultz
Admin
51 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9

Post  anthonygilkenson Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:41 pm

ok so screw lap tops, i was half way done with my responses and I guess I tapped some key and it took me off the screen and I lost all my texts, just dandy. So here we go again

1. Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process.
Ok, so the Greeks were the first to perform autopsies. The homeboys were interested in the human body so they figured what better way to learn about it than to just slice that bad boy open. So they did. This dated back to about 2500 years ago. More recently but still a hell of a long time ago, the first text on autopsies was created in 1769. So this is an old method

2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy?
It is performed on a routine death in order to find out how the person died. They can inspect all the organs and internal members and find out exactly how the person died. A forensic autopsy is more detailed and is done primarily to find out the effects of diseases, whether they be genetic or just randomly acquired. They use it to learn more about the diseases.

3. What are the steps involved in an autopsy?
They examine the body, all the physical attributes and what not. I imagine a necrophiliac would love this job. Then they make a "y" incision in the chest, looking for buried treasure no doubt, and they take out organs and they weigh them. Then they crack open the skull, take out the brain, and weigh that beastly information. Then when they get tired of playing with all the body parts, they toss them back in, in their appropriate places of course, stitch the body back up and then they're done.

4. What is done with major organs?
I do believe I just stated this in the prior inquisition, but hey, what would school be without an unnecessary redundancy of questions. They're taken out, washed, weighed, and put back in the body.

5. Would it be your desire to have a voluntary autopsy upon your death?
If it was medically relevant to finding out how I died, then yes. If i was demolished by a semi truck, then I think an autopsy would be an unnecessary expense.

6. Why is the autopsy important to family members and friends of the deceased?
it gives them a sense of closure and an understanding of how their beloved passed away. Or someone may have a bet on whether Uncle Ernie died of alcohol poisoning or heart attack, and some discrepency in the correct transfer of cash flow needs to be ascertained.

anthonygilkenson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum