LAHS Thanatology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9

+47
mbell
AGriffith
C Weaver
VBravo3
LMichaeloff
ALever
C.Gutierrez
samanthakozz
crissytheodore
aeisenberg
JAmantea
joeypaulina
T_famularo
VBravo
ACallahan
kelly smith
shaun
Bcurran
sdouglas
zacharyh308
BBiazevich3
Stefanie Duarte
chlozoya
joshua
asinks
wthwe
cwu
Heather Francis
KSnyder
britt_somers
Kbrown
SBornstein
JWolff
LBrook
ETstelpflug
NBrooks
ndaugaard
jstuart
bsouthern
Zach Randolph
jjones
nicklopez
asotelo
SVohsing
k_garcia
mschultz
Admin
51 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9

Post  Admin Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:33 am

Autopsy literally means “see for yourself” which is why the autopsy procedure is often performed – to see for yourself why the death has occurred.

Visit this site first:

http://www.deathonline.net/what_happens/autopsy/autopsy_steps.cfm

Here, read about the autopsy process – history, purpose and steps.

Next, visit this site:

http://www.deathonline.net/movies/mm/autopsy.cfm

Be sure to read while you’re going through the autopsy.

Lastly, visit this site:

http://www.hbo.com/autopsy/interactive/index.html#

After reading/viewing the above sites, answer the following in your own post:

1. Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process.
2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy?
3. What are the steps involved in an autopsy?
4. What is done with major organs?
5. Would it be your desire to have a voluntary autopsy upon your death?
6. Why is the autopsy important to family members and friends of the deceased?

Admin
Admin

http://lahsthanatology.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Re: Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9

Post  mschultz Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

Autopsies were often used to learn more about the human body after death. Greek philosophers did autopsies over 2500 years ago. The first autopsy textbook was created in 1769.
2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy?
An autopsy is performed to solve how the deceased died. Autopsies can show genetic deseases or heretitory traits that the deseased may have died from.
First, the body has a "y" cut into their body and the skin is pulled back, revealing the organs. The ribs are then sawed off and the organs are shown. The brain is then removed. All the organs are then removed and weighed and studied individually. The organs are then placed back in the deceased's body and the "Y" cut is sewn back up.
The major organs are weighed and individually examined.
I would not want to have an autopsy performed after my death if I died from natural causes. If I was murdered, or my death was sudden and unexpected, then I would want my family members to know how I died.
If a family member died unexpectedly, the family members and friends would want to know how the deceased died.

mschultz

Back to top Go down

Post  k_garcia Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am

1. Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process.The Greeks were the first to perform an autopsy 2,500 years ago but the first text on autopsies was written by an Italian in 1769.

2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy? forensic Pathologists perform routine autopsies so they might possibly see genetic effects of a disease that effects the family or also for research into disease.

3. What are the steps involved in an autopsy? The pathologist first gives an examination of the outer body and weighs the body. They then make a y incision across the chest to reveal the chest cavity and cut the rib cage to expose the organs. Each organ is removed, examined, weighed, and sometimes dissected. The brain is also taken out and examined. Samples may be taken for lab analysis. After the autopsy is complete the organs are put back in the body and the y incision is sewn back up.

4. What is done with major organs? All the major organs are removed, analyzed, weighed, and sometimes dissected.

5. Would it be your desire to have a voluntary autopsy upon your death? Not unless it was medically relevant.

6. Why is the autopsy important to family members and friends of the deceased?The family might be worried about what they could have done to prevent the disease and sometimes feel guilty. An autopsy can help relieve their feelings of guilt by provinding conclusive medical diagnosis.

k_garcia

Back to top Go down

Post  SVohsing Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

It is valuable medical information that can be used to help us live longer. Autopsy's help us study the body and organs, and find new cures or ways to take care of our body.
They perform autopsys to understand why the person died, or find out the cause of death.
Forensic autopsys are to have detailed external and internal examinations of the body.

They first cut a Y incision into the body from the the sholder bones meeting at the bottom of the chest bone, and then all the way down to the pelvis bone. it is cut deep enough to peel back all the layers of flesh. The ribs are then sawn off, and chest wall is cut away. Then all organs are removed and examined, then the brain is removed and examined as well. After being weighed and studied, all organs are put back into the body, and swen back up like a baseball.
The organs are removed from the body one by one, then they are all weighed and studied individually. They are usually cut up by a scapal into sections. Microscopic samples are taken of most organs. And finally the major blood vessels are cut open and examined length wise. After all is done, they place the organs back into the body.
If it helps the doctors and scientists to understand or learn more about the body, i have no problem with it.
It is important because it can find the cause of death that may be unknown.

SVohsing

Back to top Go down

Post  asotelo Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

1. Autopsies have been performed for a long time and help with medical advances and can help people that haven't even been born yet with medicines and to see how certain illnesses affect the body.

2. It's to make sure that is was a routine death. Forensic autopsies are to figure out what caused the death. They check things like time of death and unusual things in the body. It's part of the investigation.

3. First they examine and record the main physical attributes of the body. Then there is a 'y' incision made and the skin is peeled back. Next the organs are cut from their connections to the body. Then they are removed and individually weighed and recorded. The brain is taken out and weighed and examined. The organs and brain are put back in the body and sewn back up. They can now be buried or cremated etc

4. The major organs are weighed, then put back in the body, unless they are organ donors.

5. I don't think that i would want an autopsy unless it was a murder or a mystery how i died. I would feel like it was unnecassary.

6. Family and friends want to know how the person died and make sure it wasn't from something else. They like that everything is cleaned out before they are buried and they are all cleaned up and ready to rest in peace.

asotelo

Back to top Go down

Post  nicklopez Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

Autopsies are helpful in learning about diseases. The first autopsies were performed by greed physicians 2,500 years ago. The first comprehensive autopsy report was written in 1759
It can show if the family may get genetic diseases. It may allay a families fears of what they could have done to prevent the persons death. They can also teach us about diseases and injuries.
a. Inspect body
b. Make the y cut on the chest
c. Open chest
d. Take out organs and weigh them
e. open skull take out brain and weigh it
f. put organs and brain back and stitch up the body.
They are weighed, cut up and samples are taken to be examined. Then they are put back in the body.
I don't care because I'll be dead so sure.
They can learn about genetic diseases and if the death was their fault.

nicklopez

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty :(

Post  jjones Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

1. Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process. Greek physicians performed autopsies 2,500 years ago. It wasn’t until 1769 that the first comprehensive pathology text was writtin.
2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy? So they can have the medical information about that persons death
3. What are the steps involved in an autopsy? step 1 lay the body on table get the weight and hight. Step 2 cut the chest so you can see all the internal organs. Step 3 remove all major organs and place in sink.Step 4 remove the brain. Step 5 weigh all the organs. Step 6 organs get placed back into body.
4. What is done with major organs? They are removed, weighed, and placed back into the body.
5. Would it be your desire to have a voluntary autopsy upon your death? No, because I don’t want someone cutting into my body. And I want to be cremated and put into dimands.
6. Why is the autopsy important to family members and friends of the deceased? So the family can have a a medical information about death. The benefit of an autopsy is that it will provide detailed information about the person's health and so will give an understanding of the various factors which may have contributed to the death.

jjones

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsy Per. 2

Post  Zach Randolph Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:26 am

1. Autopsy literally means to see for oneself. We use autopsy to study the body after death and from that we can tell how a person has died from. The autopsy is usually started within 48 hours from which the body has died.
2. The autopsy that is preformed on a routine death can tell nearly exactly what the person has died from. Also it can tell where in the body that had caused the death. A forensic autopsy is studying the body from like a homicide and they are trying to tell how long the body has been dead for.
3. The steps that are involved in an autopsy is first the "Y" cut, then the the rip cage is sawn off, then the organs are removed and placed on a seperate table to be weighed and cleaned for example the stomache and intestines so that they dont have any smelly stuff in them, then the brain is removed, weighed and studied, after that they place all of the the organs back inside sometimes with or without the brain and then sewn up.
4. The major organs are weighed and cleaned out and samples are sometimes taken out to be studied closer.
5. It depends on what has happened to me if i was to be murder or died in a car crash i would like to have it done because they can tell my family what actually happened to me and main cause of death. If i were to die of natural causes i wouldn't want an atutopsy because we would all know what i died from.
6. It is important because the autopsy can tell what has happened to their loved ones. Also family members want to know the exact thing that has happened to the one that has past.

Zach Randolph

Back to top Go down

Post  bsouthern Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 am

1.they are a source of medical information that helps discover the cause of death or improve medicial care for diseases and conditions. the greeks started prefroming them about 25000 years ago for medical education.
2.to define the cause of death, provide information on potential genetic diseases and for medical research and education.
-y incision
-saw ribs and cut sternal plate or cut anterior chest wall
-remove organs and weigh them
-remove brain and weigh it
-cut brain stem
4.they are removed and weighed
5.no i would not
6. to find the cause of death and get medical information on genetic diseases or conditions

bsouthern

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsy

Post  jstuart Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 am

- Autopsies have been performed as a practical means of determining the cause of death for quite some time. They have been performed for centuries and have led to many great discoveries of diseases as well as helped solve countless murder cases do to forensic autopsies.
- To determine the cause of death and make sure there were no abnormalities or things that went unnoticed. A forensic autopsy is performed in a murder case to help solve the crime.
They examine and recorde physical attributes of the body an dnext a "y" incission is made and the skin is peeled back. The organs are individually cute from the connections to the body and removed/weighed. The skull is then cleanly cut open and the brain is removed and cut as well. If it is not cut right away then it will be soaked in a 20% solution of fermaldin. After all is done the organs are put back into the body and the body is then sewn back up. The body is now ready to be dealt with by the family.
-The organs are removed from the body, weighed, and then placed back into the body.
- No unless it was necessary.
- To help determine what caused the death if the cause is unknown. It can also help solve major crimes and give the family of the victim some closure.

jstuart

Back to top Go down

Post  ndaugaard Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 am

-Greek physicians performed autopsies 2,500 years ago, but not until 1769 was the first paper written on all types of diseases. Giovanni Batista Morgagni published his book 'The seats and causes of diseases investigated by anatomy.' Dissection of the dead human body has been important to medical education since the Renaissance, but anatomists of the past went very far to get cadavers for student use.

-An autopsy is performed on a routine death to determine the cause of death, relieve families fears of what they could have done to prevent the death, provide family members information about potential genetic diseases, for medical education, for training and research helping to improve health care, and to provide information about preventable causes of disease. However, in a forensic autopsy is done to investigat homicide, suspected homicide, other unexplained or suspicious deaths, and deaths apparently due to accident or injury.

-First the pathologist does an external examination, records the results, and lists all physical characteristics of the dead. Second, teh Y incision is made. Third, the ribs are sawn off, the chest bone cut away, and the organs are taken out. Fourth, the brain is removed. Fifth, the organs are weighed and studied. Sixth, intestines are drained. Seventh, the stomach is cut open and the contents are examined. Eighth, small samples of most organs are taken for further analysis. Ninth, all major blood vessels are cut open and examined lengthwise. Finally, organs are put back into the body and te Y incision is sewn up.

-The major organs are put back into the body at the end of the autopsy.

-Yes, I would voulunteer to have an autopsy done to my body after my death. Even if it is for nothing more than to see if i have an genetic diseases that are not known that my family could also have and not know it.

-Autopsy's are important to friends and family because it can relieve any fears that the family has of what they could have done to prevent the death, it provides family members information about potential genetic diseases, and it can also tell if the death was caused by someone else.

Last edited by ndaugaard on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

ndaugaard

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty BODY

Post  NBrooks Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 am

Source of information that can help the surviving family members and friends about what happened to their loved one. Many different diseases and conditions have been discovered through autopsies. The dissection of the human body has been used for medical education since the Renissance times.

It determines the cause of death. It is different from a forensic autopsy because forensic autopsys aren't ver routine in their information. An autopsy goes inside the body and checks to see how REALLY that person died and a forensic just calls it as they see it.

[color=orange] 1. have to do an external examination of the physical body. Also they have to wash away all of the blood and make sure that the table is slanted so that the blood can drip off the table into a dranige tray.
2. then they make a "Y" inscision into the chest and peel back the skin so it can go over the face
3. the ribs are sawed off and the chest wall is cutt out. Also the organs are removed.
4. the brain is removed
5. all removed organs are to be weighed by a scale
6. intestines drained in a sink to remove undigested food and wastes
7. the stomach is cut open
8. microscopic sames of most organs are taken for furthur examples
9. all major blood vessels are cut open and examined
10. the organs and brain are placed back in the body and filled with filler material so that it can stay.
11. "Y" inscision sewn up

the major organs are first weighed for the autopsy for examination, then they are placed back in the body and filled with filler to hold the organs back in place

NO, i wouldn't want to have an autopsy unless i was murdered or something because I would want my family members to know what really happened to me.

so that the family will know what really happened to their loved one instead of just haveing a guess about what happened. It can give them peace of mind that their loved one died of natural causes or maybe they can know how they really died in a tragic accident.

NBrooks

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsy Responses:

Post  ETstelpflug Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 am

1) Autopsies are used to collect medical information to improve the health and well being of those who are living. We have evidence of Greek physicians performing autopsies almost 2,500 years ago, but the first pathology of an autopsy did not arise till the year 1769 in Italy by Giovanni Batista Morgagni.
2) Routine autopsies are normally requested from the family of the deceased, while forensic autopsies are ordered by the state coroner. They test for any diseases and perform a toxicology and pharmacology to see if there where any substances in the subject’s body.
3) They first make a Y incision on from the chest to the pubic region. Then the ribs are cut off to go get to the organs. The organs are then usually removed and weighed; meanwhile the brain is removed and fixed for further analysis. Then the organs are placed back in the body or replaced with filler, then sewed back up. Same with the head.
4) The major organs are weighed and processed then put back into the body or stays removed for further analysis.
5) Incase you want your family to know you were not doing any type of drug or something close to that, or maybe for closer for your family in general. Or if you suspect poison of some sort.
6) It may bring answers to questions that they might have had while the person was still alive. In the end, it may bring closure to a person’s death, for the family who is grieving.

ETstelpflug

Back to top Go down

Post  LBrook Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:34 am

Autopsies began around 2,500 years ago by Greek physicians but the first comprehensive pathology text was wrtten in 1769. Anatomists used to struggle to obtain cadavers for students to learn on. The human body has been dissected since the Renaissance.

2. Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy?An autopsy is performed on a routine death to provide the family with information regarding genetic diseases. It also benefits medical education and training and can provide information about preventable causes of disease and hazard. It is different from a forensic autopsy because a forensic autospy is trying to figure out the cause of death while the routine autopsy is solely used for informational purposes.

3. What are the steps involved in an autopsy?There are many steps to an autopsy. First the pathologist examines the external body and makes note of the physical characteristics. Then the body is measured and weighed. The cadaver is placed on an autopsy table allowing the body to drain. Next there is a Y incision made starting at each shoulder and merging together to end at the pubic bone. Next the ribs are sawn off and the sternal plate is cut, in order to expose the organs. The organs and brain are then removed. All of the organs are then removed and cut up into sections with a scalpel. Intestines are drained to remove waste and the stomach is cut open to examine its contents. In some cases samples of organs are taken for future analysis. Finally the blood vessels are cut open and examined and the organs are replaced to the body and sewn up.

The major organs are taken out of the body and weighed. Samples of them might be taken for further analysis and then the are returned to the body.

5. Would it be your desire to have a voluntary autopsy upon your death?I would desire to have an autopsy when I die because I take an interest into the medical field and know how important it is to have something to learn from. I want pathologists to be able to use my body to join a study and possibly have a medical breakthrough with the evidence my body has to offer.

An autopsy is important to family members and friends of the deceased because it gives them answers. When someone they love has died they fear what they could have done to prevent it and an autopsy answers that for them. It also gives them imformation about potential genetic diseases so that they know their family history.

LBrook

Back to top Go down

Post  JWolff Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 am

The Greeks were the first to perform an autopsy 2,500 years ago.
On a routine death you can provide family member’s information about potential genetic diseases that may impact their lives later, performing a routine autopsy can also provide medical education, training and research leading to improve health care.
The first step is to make a Y shaped incision from the shoulders of the deceased to the abdomen and all the way down to the pubic bone. Then they pull back the skin to reveal the rib cage, after sawing the rib cage to expose the internal organs they take all of the organs out and put them on a table to weigh. The brain is then removed for and inspection, after inspecting all organs individually the organs are placed back into the body and sowed up.
They are examined individually and weighed.
To see if the cause of death was from an illness that the deceased is unaware of.
It provides closure knowing that there was nothing that they could do to stop the death.

JWolff

Back to top Go down

Post  SBornstein Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 am

1. Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process[/color].
Autopsies are a source of valuable medical information that improve health care for the living. There are very many diseases and conditions that have been discovered or greatly helped by the use of autopsies.

Autopsies are performed because they determine the cause of death. Also, the family can be told if the person held any genetic diseases. Forensic autopsies help determine how a person died. They can determine the cause of death, what time the person died, if pills were taken, etc.

First, the pathologist records the results of the external examination and lists all physical characteristics. The body is measured and weighed, and placed on an autopsy table. Then, the first cut known as the “Y” incision is made. The skin from this cut is peeled back, with the top flap pulled over the face. The rubs are then sawn off and the sternal plate is cut away, to expose the organs underneath. Organs are removed by cutting off their connections to the body and are usually removed as one. The brain is removed through the brainstem, and is either cut fresh or is placed in a 20% solution of formalin to fix it for future analysis. All removed organs are weighed and studied. After being experimented with, the organs are returned to the body. Once the Y incision is sewn up the autopsy is complete.

The major organs are experimented with, and studied more by the pathologist. Contents are examined and some are cut up and taken for further analysis.

I would only want to have an autopsy if my cause of death was unknown. If I had lived a long life and passed away in my sleep, I would not feel it was necessary to have an autopsy.

If the cause of a loved one’s death was unknown, the family and friends would want to know how they died. After finding the cause of death, the family and friends could find closure and be able to move on.

Last edited by SBornstein on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

SBornstein

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsies

Post  britt_somers Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 am

1. autopsies are a way to see the vaulable medical information for the future. they helped discover many different diseases and conditions. the first autopsiy was in 1769 and has been helping the medical field ever since.
2. Autoposies are performed to find out the time and cause of death. a forensic autopsy is more complete and examines the body more carfully.
3. first u make a y cut from the top of the chest all the way down o the pubic bone. the you take all the organs out of the body and weigh them. after that you take out the brain and weigh it and do certain tests on it. then you put back all the orgns adn maybe even a filler and sew the body back up.
4. they are all weighed and some are cut open for futher tests or to see what is inside of them. then they are put back into the body.
5. if my death was unknown and an autopsy is the only way to solve the mystery then yes but otherwise i dont see the need for it.
6. because if there was an unsloved or mysterious death the family might find comfort in knowing how they really died.

britt_somers

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty here r mi Autopsy ?

Post  Kbrown Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 am

1. Autopsies are used for medical examinations and forensic investigations. They are performed to look inside a persons body.
2. The family members want to know what the person died from. It is different from an investigation because they are not thoroughly going to examine the body and its organs.
3. Make a Y incision, pull the skin back, saw off the rib bones, remove each organ separately, weigh them, clean the organs, cut off the scalp of the head, examine the brain, put everything back in the body, and finally sew everything up.
4. The major organs are weighed.
5. I personally would not want to have an autopsy on my body because I wouldn’t want my body to have a giant Y cut on it. That is really creepy. I would want my organs to be kept where they are.
6. Autopsies are important to people who are close to the deceased because they are curious of what happened to them.

Kbrown

Back to top Go down

Post  KSnyder Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:44 am

1.Briefly explain the history behind the autopsy process.
Greek physicians performed autopsies 2,500 years ago and in 1769 the first text was written by an Italian physician. Autopsies have been part of medical education since the Renaissance.
2.Why is an autopsy performed on a routine death? How is it different from a forensic autopsy?
In a routine death there is still an autopsy because it can help the family with closer and learn about any genetic diseases they might have in the family. The forensic autopsy is performed to determine and investigate how a person died.
-External examination
-‘Y’ incision, cutting from shoulders to breastbone done to pubic bone
-Unfold the skin of the incision and saw off rib bones to get to internal organs
-Remove, weigh, and inspect organs outside the body
-Remove brain
-remove intestine
-replace organs, brain, and intestine. Sew up body.

They are removed, weighed, and then put back into the body.
I would rather not have an autopsy after my death. As long as I’m not murdered I don’t see a reason to be taken apart and put back together.
Autopsies give closure and assure the family and friends that there is nothing that they could have done to prevent the death. Also, it provides the family with information about any genetic diseases they might be carrying.

KSnyder

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty Autopsy!!

Post  Heather Francis Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 am

1. An autopsy is also called a post-mortem examination, is a detailed and careful medical examination of a persons body and its organs after death to help establish the cause of death.
2. The primary reason to perform an autopsy is to determine the cause of death, there are other benefits to individual families, for the practice medicine. Forensic pathologists work in a mortuary and they are the ones who carry out detailed external and internal examination of the body.
3.1. The body must be measured and weighed and placed on an autopsy table.
2. The first cut known as the 'Y' incision is made. The arms of the Y extend from the front of each shoulder to the bottom end of the breastbone.
3. The ribs are then sawn off and the sternal plate or anterior chest wall is cut away, to expose the organs underneath.
4. The brain is removed using a transverse incision (in a crosswise direction) through the brainstem, cutting the connection from the base of the brain to the spinal cord.
5. All removed organs are weighed and studied individually. Most organs are cut up in sections by a scalpel.
6. Intestines are drained in a sink to remove undigested food and faces that remains.
7. The stomach is cut open on its greater curvature and the contents are examined. 8. Microscopic samples of most organs are taken for further analysis.
9. Finally, all major blood vessels are cut open and examined lengthwise.
10. The organs are placed back in the body, and the body will sometimes be filled with a filler material. The head and body are then sewn up. The brain is returned to the body, except in the cases where the brain has been retained for further tests.
11. Once the Y incision is sewn up, the autopsy (without brain and tissue analysis) is complete.
4. They are removed, weighed, and placed back into the body.
5. Yes it would be interesting to find out what really went wrong in my body and to figure out why I died.
6. So the family can have medical information about death. The benefit of an autopsy is that it will provide detailed information about the person's health and so will give an understanding of the various factors which may have contributed to the death.

Heather Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  cwu Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 am

The autopsy process is that it is medical information that people use to improve their living. This process has cured many people with diseases.

An autopsy is performed on a routine of death because the family would want to know what kind of disease that person has and to learn how to cure the disease. A forensic autopsy is a person who gives out the information about the internal and external examinations of the body.

1. Pathologist examines the body and gives out the physical characteristics and the pathologist also weighs the body.
2. Pathologist makes a “Y” cut into the body.
3. Remove organs and cut off the connections to the body.
4. Remove the brain in a crosswise direction and cut from the base of the brain.
5. Remove the organs that have been weighed.
6. Drain the intestines so that all the excess food is removed.
7. cut open the stomach so the pathologist can examine the parts.
8. Microscopic samples are taken for an examination
9. All the major blood vessels are cut open to examine
10. Organs are placed back into place and then the body and the head are sewn back together.
11. Sew back the “y” cut then the autopsy is done.

the major organs are put back into the body and filled with filler material.

No, because I don’t want my body to be examined and that I don’t think my parents would like an autopsy done on me.

To know what is wrong with the deceased and that the family members would like to know what kind of disease that person has.

cwu

Back to top Go down

Post  wthwe Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 am

The history behind the autopsy process is to use autopsies to improve health care and many diseases and conditions that have been discovered by the use of autopsies.

Autopsy performed on a routine death because it would give more information about how they dead, accidently or homicide or suspicious deaths. Also family members get information about the diseases that may have implication for them.

1. The pathologist records the results of the external examination and lists all physical characteristics and Measure weight and placed body on the scale.
2. The “Y” cut is made from both shoulders to bottom end of breastbone.
3. The ribs are show off and expose the organs underneath. The common way to remove the organs is known as the Rokitansky method.
4. The brain is removed in a crosswise direction(the brain to the spinal cord).
5. Weighed removed organ individually.
6. Intestines are drained in a sink to remove undigested food and faeces.
7. Stomach is cut open and examine the inside organs.
8. Microscope the organs for further analysis.
9. All major blood vessels are cut open and examined lengthwise.
10. The organs are placed back to the body and the head and body are sewn up.
11. Once the Y incision is sewn up, the autopsy (without brain and tissue analysis) is complete.

The major organs are put back into the body after examining and the head and body are sewn up.

No, because I don’t think my parents will approve that autopsy and I don’t want my body to sewn up after I dead.

It is important because they can examine the disease that they never been through by autopsies and it can improve their health care.

wthwe

Back to top Go down

Post  asinks Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:33 am

Greek physicians preformed autopsies 2,500 years ago- in 1769 the first comprehensive pathology text was written. Autopsies mean to see oneself and are helpful in learning about different diseases and to study the body after death and see what person has died from. Usually it starts within 48 hours from which the body has died.
They can tell almost exactly what the person has died from. A forensic autopsy is studying the body from a homicide- trying to tell how long the body has been dead and to find more about the crime.
1. look at external injuries
2. Y incision
3. Saw off ribs
4. remove brain
5.organs studied
6. intestines drained
7.stomach cut open
8.blood vessels cut
9.put body back together and sewn up

Weighed, examined, and put back in place
If I knew what I wasn’t dying from then I wouldn’t want one but if I was murdered or died a mysterious death then I would want one so people could find out how I did and either solve the case or for medical research.
Because most people need closure and if they don’t know what a family member died of they might not have as much peace as if they knew. Many people want to find out how people die and if it was a murder they want to solve it.

asinks

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty autopsy

Post  joshua Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:35 am

It was performed by greek physicians 2500years ago, it has helped fight many diseases.
Just to help find the cause of death, forensic autopsy's can help give clues to how the person was kileed or if there was anything suspicious about the death.
examine the body, cut y, take out organs weigh them put them back fill the body with filler, sew up the y cut and your done.
There cleaned and washed then put back into the body.
Yes sure why not.
To figure out the reason for death and for closure. Helps them get over there guilt of what they could have done.

joshua

Back to top Go down

Autopsy - due by 9pm Monday 6/9 Empty autopsie by me

Post  chlozoya Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 am

1. an autopsie is used for all sorts of medical examinations and investigations and they are performed to look inside a persons body.
2. The difference between and investigation and autopsie is that an autopise it alot more in depth and allows the family to find out what they died from and how.
3. first a person has to make a Y incision and then pull the skin back. thirdly you have to saw off the rib bones and remove each organ separately. once the organs are out the person has to weigh them and clean them. After cleaing they have to cut off the scalp of the head to examine the brain. once all that is done they put everything back in the body, and finally sew everything up.
4. they cut out the organs, weigh them then return them to the body and sew it all up.
5.i wouldnt want an autopsy done to my when i pass away, unless my way of death was a mystery. but if i just died of old age or something like taht i would just want to die in peace and i would want my body to be left alone.
6. Autopsies are important to the loves ones of the dead because they are curious to see how he or she passed away.

chlozoya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum